Sunday, April 5, 2009

What Dreams May Come

On Saturday April 4, 2009, I had the privilege of skating at the Berrics. Through a promotion, Steve Berra(co-founder) had come up with, if we went and saw his friend Mark Webber's film "Explicit Ills" at the Sunset 5, we will be able to skate at the Berrics and have a pizza party. We did our part, and they kept their word. My friends and I are in our mid twenties and we were giddy to be able to skate here.

Photobucket
John and Jacob trying to warm up before we got in the car.

Photobucket
We made it to the address that was given to us and waited in anticipation.

Photobucket
Salman checked us off his list and many others were still waiting.

Photobucket
John was ecstatic.

Photobucket
Watching Steve Berra unlock the gate was kind of like the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory where the crowd eagerly waited to see Wonka himself.

Photobucket
Our first glimpse of the park.

Photobucket
In hour into the session, Jacob already suffered a casualty.

Photobucket
I tried to get 10 years of skateboarding into a three hour session at the Berrics and it just felt like I was starting over again. Either way, the skating was intense and we all had a great time. We played some skate dice, I choked on the two tries I had on tricks that I had down, but it felt awesome to really experience it. I saw some of the kids shaking.

Photobucket
Its Koston. How many times do you get a chance to take a photo with a legend.

Photobucket
I got my photo-op with him as well.

Photobucket
Salman was awesome, a legend in his own right, he really kept things in order.

Photobucket
When I stepped up to lose a dollar at Skate Dice, Berra looked at me and shouts, "Nando Kalrizian!", he remembered my name. I was psyched and missed the nollie flip.

It was a great experience and everyone who was in the building was definitely feeling it. It was everything we expected and more. Thank You Steve for your crazy promotion and to everyone who helped accomodate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment